Titanium Plate, Titanium Ring And Other Titanium Alloy Materials Characteristics... Corrosion Resistance Of TA9 Titanium Rod In Various Corrosive Environments
- Titanium’s modulus of elasticity is relatively low compared to its tensile properties. Therefore, in the operation of forming and rollers, a larger springback margin must be considered. Because of the low elastic modulus, in order to achieve the same stability, the cross-section of titanium parts is slightly larger than the same steel parts.
- Titanium is easy to machine, but to consider its seizure tendency (larger than stainless steel) and low thermal conductivity, it is necessary to appropriately improve the commonly used machining technology and design of thread and bearing surface. At least a rigid machine tool, a sharp tool, slow speed, large cutting amount, and room for chip removal are also recommended. It is also recommended to use a large amount of cooling lubricant.
- The thermal expansion coefficient of titanium is 75% of carbon steel. Special attention should be paid to this when the two materials need to be combined in the design and manufacture of equipment.
- Because titanium is an active metal, when heated to above 600 ℃, it is easy to combine with oxygen in the air, so it is generally not recommended for long-term use of titanium above this temperature.
- When the temperature of industrial pure titanium exceeds 150 ~ 200 ℃, the mechanical strength decreases rapidly.
- The diffusion rate of hydrogen in titanium is faster than that of oxygen. Therefore, before hot working, the heating furnace used should have a slightly oxidizing atmosphere, so that although a relatively thin oxide film will be produced, it may avoid the possible cause of hydrogen. Deep pollution.
- The soft industrial pure titanium plate is easy to cold-form after annealing; the hard industrial pure titanium and Ti2.5Cu require medium temperature processing, and the processing temperature of Ti6Al4V is preferably 600 ~ 700 ℃.
- can be obtained by explosive welding of thin titanium plates and thick steel plates, which can be used to manufacture high-pressure, high-temperature containers and heat exchangers. However, it is not economically advantageous to use it to replace the whole titanium or the titanium lining of the suit.